We host regular ERGOHACK events where developers come together on the Ergo Discord for a few days (or weeks!) to hack solutions to problems. These events usually centre around a theme, although not strictly enforced.
There are no entry requirements, and all are welcome! Even if you have an idea sharing it in the #icubator-form on Discord may pique some interest.
Click any of the event names below to jump directly to an overview and related resources or browse by project directly below.
- (Jun 21) ERGOHACK I: Hack For Change
- (Oct 21) ERGOHACK II: Social Transformation
- (Feb 22) ERGOHACK III: Privacy and Security
- (Jun 22) ERGOHACKFEST: was a three-week event in conjunction with ErgoPad
- (Oct 22) ERGOHACK V: Mining & Minting
- DumDumDum: A decentralised on-chain Twitter alternative.
- Cyti: A mineable smart contract that allows you to Choose Your Token ID.
- EIP38 aims to empower miners with a 'partial' vote option.
- Succinct, Non-Interactive Share Proofs allow for efficient on-chain calculations of PoW.
- Paizo: on-chain governance education for miners.
- Ergo-Payroll: Automated payroll distribution tool.
- Obolflip: A decentralised CoinFlip game.
- ergo-audit is code-auditing DAO.
- ErgoNames: bringing easy to remember names to Ergo.
- SigmaBalls: An options trading solution.
- MineErgo: Rewarding miners with NFTs.
- Sigma-Rust-Jit is enhancing sigma-rust with JIT Costing.
- Satergo is adding a stratum mining server module to their wallet.
- Dlop is creating a art generator for the community.
- Azorus An intelligence platform for UTXO Blockchains
- ErgoSock & Ergonode see ergonodes.net
- ErgoNation is decentralised ID and governance project.
- ErgoSphere is an Umbrel-like solution for Ergo see ergosphere.cloud
- LETS: Local Exchange Trading System
- Multisig Multi-Signature Wallet
- NightOwl decentralised casino.
- Oracle-Pools2 MVP of EIP-23
- SwampAudio is a Layer-2 Music Launchpad
- Tensile is a decentralised, open source and non-custodial derivatives platform.
- ColivingDAO aims to facilitate a global ecosystem of coliving projects.
- RubyNFTs minting library.
- SentientChain gaming sidechain.
- InERGitance a decentralised inheritance solution for the Ergo blockchain
- Platform137 mining GUI interface
- Ergrow was a fun project involving ergo and a love for gardening.
- The Delphi Project
- Stealth Addresses #1
- Stealth Addresses #2
- ErgoLend (now live @ ergolend.org)
- Minotaur wallet
- Ergopad (now live @ ergopad.io)
- Subpooling (now live @ GetBlok.io)
- HYPO10USE developed QUIDGAMES
- Ergo Audio
- ErgoRaffle (now live @ ergoraffle.io)
- Smart Pools (Inspired GetBlok.io)
- Sigma Stamp
- Simpler Joint Spending Tool
- Ergo Index Fund
- Ergo Charts
DumDumDum is a decentralised Twitter alternative stored on-chain using NFTs.
LIVE @ thierrym1212.github.io
CYTI stands for Choose Your Token ID. A 'minable' smart contract that allows an entity to mint tokens with a given character sequence at the beginning of the token ID. A token minter creates a CYTI request, and miners generate the proper token ID using the CYTI miner software.
This EIP proposes modifying how parameter identifiers are communicated in the extension section of block headers, such that in addition to miners being able to vote for or against a change, they can vote partially in support of a change (for indicative voting). This will enable mining pools to pass along true governance power to their miners when combined with a method for miner voting within a pool (such as GetBlok's proof-of-vote)."
SNISPs are Succinct, Non-Interactive Share Proofs which will allow for accurate and efficient calculations of performed work on the blockchain.
These proofs can be applied to any PoW blockchain. They should allow for the creation of decentralised mining pools with better security assumptions than alternatives like P2Pool, and better scalability than ETH-based SmartPools. They may also be used for other applications which involve measuring performed work (such as direct work-based governance, work-backed assets, etc)
Live @ twotens.art/build.html
A UI and website for generating 1010s art pieces so the community will be able to make their own. [Time willing, this entry] will also experiment with SVG format (versus PNG) and enable minting the piece in a connected wallet. Final Submission
Live @ deadit.github.io/paizo/
Paizo will be an on-chain mining governance simulation tool to help educate miners on how chain governance works. Currently, this information is highly technical and not intuitive to learn for the average user, so we want to make this information simple to understand so miners are empowered to make their voices heard on chain.
Ergo-payroll will be an automated payroll distribution tool for ERGO. Enter your employees, enter the amount (count) in token or the amount of USD in token, enter frequency, and their wallets. Users only need to keep filling up the bank, and the system will take care of the rest.
A decentralised CoinFlip application on Ergo where users can bet on head or tail.
- Obolflip Client, smart contracts and documentation are now published here
- Contracts can be reviewed here
- Client jar can be downloaded here or build it yourself
- Usage instructions are here
Disclaimer: We did our best, but the contracts are not reviewed yet, so do not bet more than you are willing to lose... well, you might lose it anyway; that's the fun, isn't it?
The DAO-based Ergo Audit Project allows Ergo-community members to audit ecosystem projects or smart contracts for certain rewards. 'Ergo Audit' DAO provides a set of frameworks/templates that helps auditors to make standardised detailed research of a selected project in various categories. The audits will be approved/declined by experienced auditors from DAO members. All accepted audits will visualise the overall statistics of the projects or smart contracts in the ecosystem.
Easy to remember Ergo Names, tackling Multi-Contract Approach, Orphan Request Management, NSFW Engine, Explorer Decouple and Temporary Block. Read more details in the Proposal
SigmaBalls (working name) is an options trading solution for Ergo.
Working on a project that rewards miners with NFTs alongside their Ergo
ERGOHACKFEST (or ERGOHACK IV) was a three-week-long event. To see all the final submissions, head to the presentations drive.
Below you'll find some additional links and more information for each project.
An intelligence platform for UTXO Blockchains
ColivingDAO aims to facilitate the creation, development, and operations of a global ecosystem of coliving projects.
A decentralised ID and governance project. Non-profit with full commitment to Ergo ideals.
A fun project involving ergo and a love for gardening.
This single-member team sought to build a minimum viable product (MVP) of version 2 of the oracle pools as described in EIP-23 and was able to implement three core operations for the pools. They will continue implementing more operations for the pool and get a working pool on testnet.
A Layer-2 Music Launchpad
A decentralised, open source and non-custodial trading platform that offers derivative contracts, trading with leverage and market hedging regarding assets offered on the Ergo blockchain.
The team behind Multisig submitted a proposal to develop a new multi-signature wallet. During ErgoHack Fest, they worked on designing the wallet and completed the ability to sign a multi-sig transaction using a QR code. They then developed a server for communicating data between wallets. Once completed, the team was able to generate a multi-sig transaction successfully.
a decentralised inheritance solution for the Ergo blockchain
- Documentation (contains EIP like overview of proposed solution including smartcontracts)
- FrontEnd code (React + TypeScript + SigmaRust)
- Video presentation of solution
Ergonodes uses ErgoSock to crawl the entire Ergo network and map out all the important details about its current state. With the help of Ergonodes, it is easy to find information about the state over time, the state and information of specific nodes and the growth rate. It is an important metric to measure the robustness of the network.
ERGOHACK III was our biggest Hackathon yet, with thirteen teams in total participating.
The Delphi Project#
The Delphi Project aims to help anyone explore, run, and launch decentralised oracles on the Ergo blockchain.
A Decentralised Casino on top Ergo.
An MVP for ergo-DNS service to resolve Ergo Names to the wallet addresses.
- Registration - Ownership of Ergo Names can be established by minting an Ergo Name NFT.
- Resolution - ergo-DNS service can be used to resolve Ergo Name to Wallet Address where the Ergo Name NFT currently resides.
- Transfer - When ownership of Ergo Name NFT changes, the resolution changes automatically.
The service is fully decentralised, and all the ownership data is maintained on-chain.
Sky Harbor will be the primary place to quickly buy and sell NFTs on the Ergo blockchain using Ergo Smart Contracts. Connect your wallet and immediately put your NFT up for sale for the price you're looking for, or buy an NFT from our verified collections. It will also be fast and efficient, making it super easy and simple to interact with the blockchain, using databases and the latest infrastructure to make the website blazing fast.
Guapswap is a fully decentralised smart contract profit-swapping service on the Ergo Blockchain.
HYPO10USE joins us again after getting their POC live in ERGOHACKII.
Our Dapp, a game platform to feature various multiplayer games, is still early work in progress. The last Hackathon focused on breaking down game mechanics into the eUTXO model. We found good examples of elaborate use cases, such as the ErgoRaffle example and worked on them. This time we focused mainly on compiling the contracts, building the transactions, and submitting them to the blockchain, which we managed to do after long debugging and troubleshooting sessions.
Ergo-castanet uses Petri Nets to define and validate Smart Contract Protocol specifications (EIP-0006) for creating headless dApps using a Colored Petri Net for Smart Contract orchestration and testing.
This weekend, we released a sneak peek of our front end. Over the weekend, we integrated Yoroi and Nautilus Wallet into the anetaBTC app. Users can connect their Yoroi or Nautilus Wallet and sign transactions. The next step is writing the ErgoScript smart contracts. We were also able to integrate our analytics dashboard into the bridge app, and our developers will soon release our updated analytics page to track the stats of the protocol.
This Hackathon saw two separate teams working on the stealth address concept first introduced in this forum post
With Nautilus nearing the finish line with Ledger, they extended an invitation to help any other projects integrate either Ledger or the dApp connector.
Ledger support was added using the ledgerjs-hw-app-ergo binding library and helped other teams with dApp connector integration
Special thanks to
@zuozas for the amazing Ledger illustrations.
Project: Implement Ledger support into Satergo
- Implemented HID for Nano S and Nano X
- Implemented Speculos Ledger emulator interface
- Implemented the Ergo Ledger app protocol in Java
- Created utils to attest and sign transactions
- Integrated Ledger support into the program
The Ledger interface library and the Ergo Ledger app protocol are reusable and can easily be integrated into other Java Ergo applications.
SAFEW implemented Ledger support and the beginnings of ErgoMixer support.
- ErgoLend (now live @ ergolend.org)
- Minotaur Wallet
- Ergopad (now live @ ergopad.io)
- Ergo Subpooling (now live @ GetBlok.io)
- HYPO10USE: QUIDGAMES
- Ergo Audio