The Ergo Reference Client (Node)#
The Ergo Node, a key part of Ergo's P2P network, hosts and syncs the entire blockchain. This page outlines Ergo Node's installation options and developer resources.
Installing the Ergo Reference Client
Minimum Requirements & Pre-requisites
An Ergo node requires a JDK/JRE version >= 9 installed on your system. We recommend using Oracle Java SE or SDKMAN for Unix-based systems:
curl -s "https://get.sdkman.io" | bash
sdk install java 220.127.116.11.1-amzn
The only hardware requirements are ~20GB of storage for the blockchain and ~8GB of RAM for handling the sync. Due to the intensive disk I/O, we recommend having 4-6GB of RAM with a fast SSD, running with the
-Xmx4G flag on JVM9/11.
Modes of operation
Ergo node offers various security models for user flexibility. For quick sync and full node security, consider setting up a Pruned Full Node.
Full Archival Node
To install the Ergo Node from scratch, you can refer to the manual install page for detailed instructions.
Pruned Full Node
Bootstrap a pruned full node using a verified UTXO set snapshot and NiPoPoWS. This feature allows you to achieve full node security on a standard laptop within minutes, eliminating the need to check approximately 95% of the blockchain.
Light Full Node
This mode only holds the root digest of the dictionary and checks full blocks or a suffix of the blockchain, depending on the setting.
Sync the entire Ergo blockchain on your mobile device!
Run a node on a Raspberry Pi!
Get setup on Testnet
Alternatively, if you want to get started on the testnet, there is a dedicated testnet setup guide available.
For more convenience, Docker provides a streamlined way to install and run the Ergo Node. Refer to the Docker guide for instructions on setting up the node using Docker.
- Explorer & Node Bundles: Access pre-packaged bundles that include an Ergo Node and an explorer for easy setup.
- Ergosphere: Ergosphere is an Umbrel-like solution that simplifies the setup of self-hosted Ergo services. Please note that it is currently in the BETA stage.
- Ergode (ergo-node) is an Ergo node implementation in TypeScript, targeting web and native runtimes.
- To get an overview of live nodes on the Ergo network, you can visit ergonodes.net.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Find answers to common questions about the Ergo Node.
- Modes of Operation: Learn about the different modes of operation available for the Ergo Node.
- APIs: Explore the APIs provided by the Ergo Node for interacting with the blockchain.