All ecosystem projects are welcome to a channel that is bridged between their server/telegram using matterbridge. See the Ergo Discord for examples of this in action.
Follow these simple steps to get bridged;
1. Invite @BridgeBot#9505 to your server using this invite link
You can set up your your own bot but will need to send @Glasgow the
TokenID if you want it bridged to existing ergo chats. You only need to grant the bot the ability to see/read messages and set webhooks in the channel you want to bridge.
2. Invite ErgoBridgeBot to your Telegram
You'll need to use
/allowInvitingBotsif Shieldy is enabled.
3. Tag @Glasgow and let him know what channel/server you want to be bridged so it can be added to the configuration.
Discord does currently not allow bots to reply to messages when spoofing someone.
- This means any spam deleted on Telegram will remain on Discord.
- Workaround: New Telegram users should be restricted from speaking until verifying. OrgRobot works best here with a set of custom entry questions. This should stop every bot in their tracks. (However sometimes spammers are real people and unpreventable.)
Other than that, it works pretty well.
- Names/profile-photos will be spoofed if they are set and the names on both platforms are similar. (names can also be mapped manually). But the profile photos need to be re-cached when a new bridge is added.
- Responses will reply to the message on Telegram platforms so people will see notifications. On Discord it'll quote the message.