All ecosystem projects are welcome to a channel that is bridged between their server/telegram using matterbridge. See the Ergo Discord for examples of this in action.
Follow these simple steps to get bridged;
1. Invite @BridgeBot#9505 to your server using this invite link
You can set up your your own bot but will need to send @Glasgow the
TokenID if you want it bridged to existing ergo chats. You only need to grant the bot the ability to see/read messages and set webhooks in the channel you want to bridge.
2. Invite ErgoBridgeBot to your Telegram
You'll need to use
/allowInvitingBotsif Shieldy is enabled.
3. Tag @Glasgow and let him know what channel/server you want to be bridged so it can be added to the configuration.
Discord does currently not allow bots to reply to messages when spoofing someone.
Telegram API doesn't report deleted messages.
- This means any spam deleted on Telegram will remain on Discord.
- Workaround: New Telegram users should be restricted from speaking until verifying. OrgRobot works best here with a set of custom entry questions. This should stop every bot in their tracks. (However sometimes spammers are real people and unpreventable.)
Other than that, it works pretty well.
- Names/profile-photos will be spoofed if they are set and the names on both platforms are similar. (names can also be mapped manually). But the profile photos need to be re-cached when a new bridge is added.
- Responses will reply to the message on Telegram platforms so people will see notifications. On Discord it'll quote the message.