We welcome all ecosystem projects to establish a channel that is bridged between their server/telegram using matterbridge. You can see examples of this in action on the Ergo Discord.
Setting Up the Bridge#
To set up a bridge, follow these steps:
1. Use this invite link to invite @BridgeBot#9505 to your server.
If you prefer, you can set up your own bot. However, you will need to send the
TokenID to @Glasgow if you want it bridged to existing Ergo chats. The bot only needs permission to see/read messages and set webhooks in the channel you want to bridge.
2. Invite ErgoBridgeBot to your Telegram.
If Shieldy is enabled, you'll need to use
3. Notify @Glasgow about the channel/server you want to bridge so it can be added to the configuration.
Discord does not currently allow bots to reply to messages when spoofing someone.
- This means any spam deleted on Telegram will remain visible on Discord.
- Workaround: Restrict new Telegram users from speaking until they verify their identity. OrgRobot is a useful tool for this, with a set of custom entry questions. This should stop most bots. (However, some spammers are real people and cannot be prevented.)
Despite these limitations, the bridge works quite well.
- If set, names/profile-photos will be spoofed if they are similar on both platforms. (Names can also be manually mapped). However, profile photos need to be re-cached when a new bridge is added.
- Responses will reply to the message on Telegram platforms, triggering notifications. On Discord, the message will be quoted.