In general, anything educative for the community is subject to some bounty even if not specifically listed. Lets create grassroots finance!
Ergo operates an open model where contributions from all are welcomed. The Ergo Foundation has a small treasury it uses to promote ecosystem growth, for more information please see the following articles.
However, as a platform; you are encouraged to create your own value within the chain. For developers this can be achieved by claiming fees for your dApp, or seeking funding via Ergo Raffle or ErgoPad. Alternatively there paid bounties scattered across the Ergo repositories which are summarised here. Notably, there are bounties for Tutorials and Guides for developers at any skill level.
Join the Ergo Discord (and enable the development channels) for any support, queries or comments.
You can submit any payment requests for bounties completed here.
We recommend that your initial step should be to start a Raffle. This provides a clear funding goal, shows community support - and can be topped up by grant/foundation funding.
- Create issues on GitHub code repositories. These can be suggestions, text fixes, or any improvements you can think of. This acts as a to-do list for developers, allowing them to track the changes wanted by the community.
- Participate in community discussions on the forums
- Create an account on ergonaut.space and help update and maintain the text.
- Join the community discussion spaces
- Creating marketing materials or activities. Post these to Telegram, Discord, or Reddit, and you can be tipped (real erg - or erdoge if you're lucky) for your efforts.
- Join the @ErgoSocials or the #marketing channel on Discord and collaborate.
- Read the community built Guerrilla Marketing handbook or add to anywhere else on ergonaut.space
- Collaborate on the - Shared Figma Graphic Space
- Follow us across socials
Are they any paid roles for community management/moderation?
While there are several paid community managers within the ergo ecosystem, they are usually promoted from within. If this is somewhere you excel, get involved with the ecosystem, keep ontop of new products launching and make yourself useful in a budding project.
Are you looking for developers?
While the Ergo Foundation does occassionally advertise full-time roles these are usually senior roles. The quickest way to get involved is to start completing some (paid) bounties. There is plenty of development work available.
Are you looking for regional managers?
If you're interested in starting a regional branch - this can involve running regional chats, hosting meet-ups, etc. This will be incentivised via an ambassador programme, however the details is still being worked out.
Check our chats to ensure a branch doesn't already exist for your region.