This guide will walk you through the process of starting to mine Ergo using Autolykos2.
Before you start mining, make sure you have the following:
- Familiarity with Ergo. If you're new, start with What is Ergo?
- A computer with at least one GPU that has more than 4GB of memory. Check the Autolykos v2 hashrates spreadsheet for potential hashrates.
- If you're considering building a dedicated rig, refer to our guide on Building a rig.
Steps to Start Mining#
- Choose your preferred mining software. If you're using a dedicated rig, select an appropriate operating system.
- Set up a wallet where your mining payouts will be deposited.
- Select a mining pool to join or look into solo mining
- Consider overclocking your GPU to maximize your mining performance. Be aware that this can increase power consumption and potentially shorten the lifespan of your hardware.
- Check out the Miner Tooling and keep an eye on ways to participate in miner governance in future.